About the Town of Nanticoke

The town was first settled around 1793. The Town of Nanticoke was formed from the Town of Lisle in 1831. The two villages, Glen Aubrey and Nanticoke, grew up around flour and lumber mills.

 

Communities and locations in Nanticoke

  • Glen Aubrey – A hamlet in the south part of the town on NY-26. It was formerly known as the "Councilman Settlement."
  • Greenwood Park – A county park near the west town line.
  • Nanticoke – The hamlet of Nanticoke is in the western part of the town. It was previously called "Lambs Corners." The community is at the junction of County Roads 21 and 136.
  • Nanticoke Springs – A former community lying southeast of Nanticoke village.

 

Banner